Tomorrow – June 23 – sees a free rose-pruning demonstration at 1.30pm at Palmer’s in Bethlehem taken by the knowledgable and very able Laurie Jeyes (pictured below).
Laurie has been pruning roses since he was a nipper and is a long-time member of rose societies (Auckland and Bay of Plenty). He will show the pruning basics, talk about tools and safety and answer questions. And did I mention it’s free?
The Events page has some new bits and pieces on it to keep us interested while winter has its way with the garden:
- A tree sale in Hamilton on July 6
- Permablitz in the rural Katikati area on July 7
- Demonstration day at Kings Seeds, near Katikati, on July 12
- A garden tour and Greenswap meeting in Katikati on July 13
- Plant auction in Te Puke on July 14 courtesy of the BOP Orchid Society.
Go on, click on the link at the top of the page and plan a fun day out. You know you want to!